Sunday 17 November 2013

China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy - Pedicure

I'm wearing this older polish on my toes this weekend. It's called Towel Boy Toy, oh boy, I hate that name. But I like the color, it makes me so happy! It's from the summer 2010 Poolside collection, an all-neon collection. I have read many review on this collection and the most outstanding problem is that the polishes are all really sheer.


Towel Boy Toy 80950 - Well, this one definitely is sheer. It's the only one I own from the Poolside collection, I was not keen on them because of the formula but I loved this blue so much from other people's swatches, I gave it a shot. I used 3 thin layers for the below shots. Because I wear it on my toes, 3 layers is all right, but for the fingernails I think 4 would be better, as if you look closely there are still some small patches visible. No one is going to look at your toes so closely, so 3 layers is fine for me!

China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy
China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy




















Formula is, well, not very good, but with a good top coat it looks very pretty, the color is just really nice and I don't mind the trouble. It's a shimmer, and the kind of blue is just so beautiful! If only the formula was better.

It's pretty watery, and you need to be cautious you don't flood your cuticles. Also, it dries very bumpy, so you definitely need a good top coat to make it look smooth and shiny. As it is a neon, it dries up matte, I don't recommend ever wearing this without a top coat! Here's a picture of it without any top coat, it just shows it's kinda awful. The color is a bit off in this shot as it was made under bad lighting. But just to give you the rough idea.

China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy
China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy - No top coat




















Towel Boy Toy is a beautiful light blue, and it's bright! Not a true neon, but it's really georgeous and I like the shimmer. Below for you a comparison with other sky-blue colors, which shows you just how different it is from the usual sky-blue colors. Left to right: Splish Splash (cobalt blue shimmer), Towel Boy Toy (light blue shimmer), Sky-high Top (medium blue shimmer).

China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy comparison
China Glaze - L-R: Splish Splash, Towel Boy Toy, Sky-high Top.


China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy
China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy - Sunlight - With top coat







































Here are the end results, you see it looks pretty nice with a proper top coat! Can't see any of those rough bumps and lumps anymore! And the shimmer is coming out nicely. Below picture is really color-accurate! I used 1 layer of China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat. It's amazing isn't it, that the above bumps are covered up perfectly with just 1 coat of top coat. I applied it when it was still a little wet, so the whole layer evens out a bit better.

Below picture shows you the shimmer inside. The color is a little darker in real life. Ugh, such a gigantic toe.. Excuse the bubbles, they're from the top coat, and they're not visible with the naked eye until you make a close-up picture!

China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy
China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy - Sunlight - With top coat




















Here's one more picture of my foot..  This is made in the shade! I like this kind of colors for pedicure. And blue tends to discolor your nail, if it's your toes it's not so bad, not as bad as when it's your fingernails.

China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy
China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy - Shade




















Do you like this color? Do you have any colors from the Poolside collection? How do you find the application?



No comments: