Tuesday 3 December 2013

China Glaze - Just Be-Claws - Christmas 2013


China Glaze - Just Be-Claws
China Glaze - Just Be-Claws




















Today I have this astonishing ruby shimmer/foil to share with you. It's from the new Christmas collection 2013 by China Glaze, called Happy HoliGlaze. An amazing collection, I'd have all if I had a treasurebox of gold to buy them with. I have also swatched Your Present Required from the same collection, you can find the review here.

I really dislike the color red! But I have been looking around for a nice red polish for myself for quite a long time now, and none looked special enough to get. I wasn't sure on Ruby Pumps too, because of the glitter inside. Then I noticed this new red in the Christmas 2013 collection by China Glaze, I loved the finish and deep warm color I saw on swatches. And I just went for it. I can't believe just how much I LOVE it!! This is Just Be-Claws! What a great start of December.

China Glaze - Just Be-Claws
China Glaze - Just Be-Claws




















Just Be-Claws 81390 - Don't you just love that name? It is really hard to describe the finish. Not truly a foil, definitely not a metallic, not truly a shimmer. I think it goes the best when I say it's a very dense shimmer on the edge of being a foil. And the color... wow! In a way, this color is very common, but with this finish, it - is - spectacular! There is so much depth, it glows and I keep staring at them! There is so much shimmer and in certain lights it turns almost like a true foil. The shade is that of a very warm ruby red. I saw many swatches which are way too light/orange, it really is a warm, deep ruby-red. The very typical Christmas kind of red! it makes my skin look a little pale, but I like it.

On to the formula, which is just as fantastic as the color itself. These swatches are made with one layer. One layer, I swear! I must admit if you have long nails you will need two, as when the sun shines through you can still see some patches. But my nails are short so I'm perfectly good with one coat! Brilliant! I barely had to clean up too. So easy to use!

Consistency is just right, no flooding, no streaking, no clumping, just one smooth perfect layer. I never did any manicure faster than this one~ I was really blown away, and I still am. Sounds redicilous and too optimistic? Yeah, I know. I'm still trying to catch my breath. It's really that amazing to me. How a little bottle of polish can make someone so happy~ If I see this compared next to Ruby Pumps, I feel glad I chose this instead. I like the finish better.

All pictures are made under artificial light (no flash used). It has been rainy and cloudy for many days in a row! But I still managed to get some pretty color-acurate shots. All shots are with one layer of top coat (China Glaze Fast Forward).

China Glaze - Just Be-Claws
China Glaze - Just Be-Claws




















China Glaze - Just Be-Claws
China Glaze - Just Be-Claws




















Here are some hand shots, so you can get a better idea of how it will look when worn. Such a deep, warm ruby shade! Great for short nails!

China Glaze - Just Be-Claws
China Glaze - Just Be-Claws - Full hand shot





















If you don't have a good red yet, this is definitely a really good one to get. I've gotten it for my sis-in-law too for Christmas. I think it's a bit thick to say it is my favorite red, because it is my ONLY red (next to Cherry pie, which isn't really red, more orange-red). But I just love - it -so -!

What do you think? What is your favorite red?



No comments: